Email problems on iPad and iphone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bri1212, Dec 19, 2010.

1. bri1212 macrumors 6502

I keep having several messages at any given time, both on iPhone 4 and iPad, with the following message:
    "This message has not been downloaded from the server."

I have searched these forums and was not able to get any hits, any suggestions?

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Have you even tried google? 7,290 hits on that exact quote. looks like there are various causes. go through them until you find one that might match your situation.

Also you could try deleting and re-adding your mail connection.

3. Foxandthehen macrumors newbie

Well I have looked heavily into this and still haven't had much luck. It just seems to be an issue with using apple software to download messages off the Microsoft servers. Also I likes saying that zero bytes are left to download and I have tried deleting and resetting up my mail settings.

An old fix was that if you clicked reply on the iPhone it would download the message and display it bellow the reply. However, this does not work on the iPad.

I feel this should be looked into seriously quickly by apple! As not being able to get emails reliably is poor at best and a serious fault at worst!

4. bri1212 thread starter macrumors 6502

As a matter of fact, I did. All of the hits I found were from 2007 and before with no actual help, or solutions of any value. I have also tried deleting and reloading my email. also not helpful. Thanks though

5. bri1212 thread starter macrumors 6502

Also I should mention that this is happening on both ipad and iphone4, ( as well as my iphone 3g) so it is most likely a software problem, with the program, since it happens on all of my devices

6. Foxandthehen macrumors newbie

Anyone else got this issue? Or a fix for it? Is it a common issue?

7. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Sometimes when my mail app has been open a few days it'll start messing up, close it from the multi-tasking bar and reopen.

Also it can sometimes happen if you're downloading a large email on a slow connection.

8. bri1212 thread starter macrumors 6502

pop to imap

One fix seems to be changing your email accounts from pop to imap settings.
    This did work for one of my accounts, but it did not work on my other email account. That is why I say it is not a complete fix. I was told it also has to do with how your getting your email on your other computers and their settings, as well.