email problems with new Mac book pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wendykazoo, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Wendykazoo macrumors newbie

Can anyone help? for some reason I can send emails to some friends and not to others. I have checked that the email addresses are spelled correctly. Any clues why it will work with some but not others?

Wendykazoo

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Details would help. Are you getting errors? Bounce notifications? Can you confirm that they're actually being sent out? It's doubtful that it's the MBP.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Going to have to be more specific. Are you using the Mail App? What email service are you using?

It's not your computers problem.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

how did you confirm its not an error on their end?

5. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Lol, I had to make sure I wasn't on Yahoo answers when I opened this thread.

I'm going to assume you've done your due diligence:

Ensured you were connected to the internet when sending those failed emails.
    Ensured you spelled the addresses correctly.
    Ensured you gave enough time for the servers to respond.

Are your friends using a popular email service like gmail, hotmail etc? Or are they running their own mail servers?

We really need more information to work on. Something tells me it's something rather trivial.

6. Wendykazoo thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using the Mail app. A message comes up that says 'The server smtpp.mail.yahoo.com rejected the address' But this applies to only two of the four addresses I sent the message to. I know the message was received by the other two as I have had a reply.

Is that enough info?

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

maybe the other 2 have full inboxes, maybe they blocked your address(by accident) maybe yahoo is having issues are the other 2 address that recieved yahoo also?

8. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

If the other two are Yahoo as well, then rest assured it's not coming from your end.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is though.