Email problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Welfoc, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Welfoc macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but am having problems with mail on my Mac and hope someone can help.

I have an additional folder at the bottom of the Mailbox area with two deleted messages folders, a Junk, Sent and Trash folder in it but I don't know why. Plus the second Deleted Messages (Colin) folder appears to keep all deleted messages in it.

Do I need these folders and if not how do I delete them?

Thanks and sorry if I'm being thick.:confused:
    Welfoc

Attached Files:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Looks like you have your mail account settings such that it saves deleted messages on your Mac. You can change this from the Accounts screen in Mail's preferences. Until you change it, those folders are just going to keep coming back every time you delete a message even if you remove them now.

3. Welfoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but the Accounts panel in Mail preferences looks like the attached, how should I change it?

Cheers
    Welfoc

Attached Files:

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Are you using iCloud? I ask because this look something like mine with iCloud being used (by me).

5. Welfoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the delay.
    No I'm not using iCloud.

I can not delete the messages out of the Deleted Messages (Colin) folder, but no more messages are being stored in there. Plus all deleted messages are being duplicated between my main trash folder and the Col\Trash folder.

I can't get it to stop.

Can anyone help?