Email Push not working

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Fredtown, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Fredtown macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Emails for me are not being pushed. Everything else is working but that. New iPhone 4s. Anyone else having problems? Also I migrated to iCloud a couple days ago and it was working on my regular iPhone 4.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. chuffman15 macrumors regular

gmail won't push for me. I've deleted the account and reinstalled it twice. even powered the phone down and turned it back on. nothing.....

4. CrzyIcE macrumors member

I am not too sure but back when I got an iPhone (around January),
    I remember seeing some people mentioned that gmail push notifications doesn't work, only fetch works.
    If that is true, then it is still probably like that now if yours does not work and it is gmail.

5. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

If you are using gmail set it up as an exchange server (using "m.google.com" for server and domain). This will solve the problem for those who cannot get push to work properly.

6. chuffman15 macrumors regular

this worked perfect. you sir are very smart. thank you.

7. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

How does battery life compare using exchange push versus fetch every hour?

8. chuffman15 macrumors regular

i had it pushing every 15 minutes. the battery life is about the same. i just like know when i get an email. i have a wife and a 3 year old, when something happens i want to know about it, not know about it 15 or 60 minutes ago. i know i could always text., but i also sell stuff on craigslist and like getting to people quick too.

9. TLewis macrumors 65816

If you have mail doing something, "every 15 minutes", that's not push -- that's fetch.

10. Blexcroid macrumors newbie

For those who want more step by step instructions on setting up the push on Exchange, check HERE

11. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

12. Alicia1 macrumors regular

I merged my mobile me account over to iCloud and from today push is no longer working to my iPhone 4 and iPad :(

I have tried deleting my iCloud account settings then re starting but no go :( I hope this is a problem Apple are aware of. Might have to give them a call tomorrow.

13. jennyfer macrumors member

same problem here. Push was working initially but now it's not working at all.

My email issues are:

my iPad is showing my old MobileMe .mac account
    my iPhone is forcing me to send from .me account (I know they are the same but I'd like them to match up)
    my AT&T email address is taking 30 minutes or more to send
    push is no longer working (as stated above)

I'm very frustrated.

14. TLewis macrumors 65816

While push does seem to be broken for some people, you have checked that push is still enabled on your devices, right?:

Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Fetch New Data->Push == On
    Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Fetch New Data->Advanced->iCloud->Push == Push

Also, check your notification settings in Settings->Notifications->Mail, and your sound settings in Settings->General->Sounds

(Apple really isn't making this easy.)

15. cvam1985 macrumors regular

Push doesn't work with iCloud on iOS5 devices unless the mail app is running in the background.

There's a thread about this on the apple support forums. Very annoying :mad:

16. jennyfer macrumors member

I read this earlier too. Mine is still not working even if MAIL is running in the background.

17. misterjrw macrumors member

Likewise!!

I upgraded to ios 5, moved my mobileme account to the cloud, then wanted to downgrade back to 4.3.3 to get my jailbreak back.

The only way to get mail to 'push' is to respring or reboot the phone. What is weird is this only happens if i send a mail from my mac to my iphone 4.

If i send a mail from iphone 4 to my email address, both the mac and the iphone register the mail. The other way round, only the mac gets the mail (if sent from the mac!!).

Very frustrating, and as i'm on 4.3.3, i've had to set up 4 different accounts to ensure that FindMyiPhone, contacts, calendars and email/notes all work.

Everything else is ticketyboo, just the mail issues!!!:mad:

18. xmaseve macrumors regular

You can add me to the list of having push issues with my iCloud (@me.com) account to the Mail app...My iCloud was was transitioned from MobileMe...my wife is having problems with hers also. :mad::mad::mad:

19. KiwiLee macrumors member

Yup me too, although seems to work sometimes and not others, more often than not its NOT working though sadly.

I used to wake up everyday and grab the phone to check overnight emails (usually 25+) and now when i do it shows no emails at all, until i hit the little refresh icon, then my emails appear.

:mad: