Email push scheduling

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jr866gooner, Aug 24, 2013.

1. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Hello all,

I had an android device previously so have only used iOS for a few weeks and I was wondering if I would be able to use a similar feature with email syncing?

I used to be able to set specific accounts to push only between work hours 8-16:30 mon- fri and omit weekends as that is a time to relax etc. I have found with iOS I am receiving mail at all times night and day all week.

Can this be scheduled in iOS ?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You can turn push off, or set the period of time between each activity...As far as I know, you can't set a schedule....Probably possible with a Jailbreak, but I'm no expert there.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I've not come across a tweak that allows this to be set up.

I set my e mails to push straightaway.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's the same as mine...I don't think it's possible without a JB...OP, you could just use "Do Not Disturb"

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

You could set it to 'fetch' and choose manually ?

Go into settings, mail/contacts/calendars, fetch new data, advanced and choose the e mail account which you want just to use fetch / manual, and then change it back when your back into work time.

6. jr866gooner thread starter macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Have done so for all accounts except iCloud which will be my new primary address.

We switch others on when back at work.