email push to ibook but not imac?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by North Bronson, Aug 6, 2008.

1. North Bronson macrumors 6502

Mobile Me is pushing my email to mail.app on my my iBook G4. This is working very well.

Mobile me is *not* pushing email to mail.app on my Intel iMac. My settings are all the same (I even synced the account setting through Mobile Me).

Is anyone else having problems pushing with one mac but not another?

2. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

Yes. Mail coming to my inbox is going to my iPhone, but not my iMac. o_O
    I get new mail on my iMac, but only if it is auto routed to another folder. Inbox dings, but no mail comes.

In addition to that, my drafts are gone, all mail over like a week old is gone :)eek:), and tbh Apple is about to lose another subscriber. My renewal is due in September and if they lost all of those messages ... well I'm gone. And pissed.

3. DMThomas macrumors newbie

There are server folders and local folders. When you convert your account to using the server folders, you "lose" all the local ones, BUT they're still there. I had this problem with Sent Items. So, I told it to use the local sent.. and copied those over to the server sent, and then switched it to using the server sent. They all showed up there.

This may be the same issue you're seeing.