Email reply requests iCloud login

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IBMJunkman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. IBMJunkman macrumors member

IBMJunkman

Did a reset and restore of my Air 2. When I reply to email in any of my accounts I get a popup asking me to login into iCloud.

What is the connection between email and iCloud?

2. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

Assuming that you've already logged into iCloud after your restore, it might be the iCloud password pestering that seems to go on lately, especially after you do a restore. Eventually it seems to die down, but everytime I change a password or restore I get this for a few days, even though I'm logged in.

But make sure you're logged in to everything associated with your Apple ID, not just iCloud but Home Sharing, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, etc. If you've done all that and this persists, you might even try signing out of all services, reset, then sign back in one by one.

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I've seen a few posts from people reporting recurring requests for iCloud login when capital letters are used in the login. ???

4. IBMJunkman thread starter macrumors member

IBMJunkman

My AppleID is an email address. No upper case.

5. IBMJunkman thread starter macrumors member

IBMJunkman

FaceTime is not on the iPad, I signed out of Game Center, turned iMessage off, signed out of Home Sharing.

Still getting iCloud log on popup when replying.

Then went into Mail, Contacts, Calendars and selected my Name. It asked for the password. Put it in and no longer get the popup.

Don't see the connection between all my other non-Apple email accounts and iCloud. When I select Mail from the home screen the iCloud email account is not listed. Not sure how I am supposed to check the InBox if it is not listed.