Email send confirmation: are you sure? Y or N

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by markintheworld, Mar 26, 2010.

1. markintheworld macrumors newbie

Is there any way to set up the native email client on iPhone to ask "Are you sure" before sending an email? I have sent three emails accidentally by touching the "send" button before I'm done typing.

I know that there is a way to confirm deleting an email (I've done that accidentally too. I know: *spaz*). Is there anyway to set up the same for sending mail???

thanks.

posted from iPhone.

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

In a word... no

i know if you use Gmail, you can set a delay for the sending of an email...ie. it sits in your outbox for a few minutes. Not sure whether it will still work on the iPhone

3. markintheworld thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using Gmail and Yahoo. I will try the delay for the outbox on my Gmail acct and see if that works.

I wonder how many "send-oops"s there have been in the history of email? You'd think that somebody would have developed an email retrieval robot by now.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There's not a way on the iPhone, no.

A feature I'd like to see in the future is to have the iPhone Mail show you the same screen changes as if the mail was sent, but actually hold onto it for 6 seconds before really sending it the background. Within those 6 seconds you can shake the phone to 'undo' the sending and it will bring it back.

So it wouldn't really be an un-send feature, but it would feel exactly like that for the user.

I could totally get behind a system like that.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Even regular internet mail doesn't have that, at least the ones I've used.

As far as the email on the iPhone goes, I'd like them to add a lot of things missing from the internet versions (e.g., click for spam, etc.).

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm thinking of it being more a feature to combat "tiny screen with little buttons you hit accidentally" rather than a feature that fights "I clicked send without thinking."

So, really, it's a feature designed for mobile devices specifically, not e-mail in general.

7. markintheworld thread starter macrumors newbie

YES!!! you got my vote...

8. Steppanyaki macrumors newbie

I third it!
    Accidentally sent out two emails already.

9. Bratheryst macrumors newbie

Never had the problem before personally, I bet thats irritating as all hell.