Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

junkyardmessiah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
First email problem:

I am able to send and recieve email via Edge, using a POP earthlink account. I use cwmx.com as the "outgoing" server. However, when I switch to WiFi, I am able to recieve email but NOT able to send it. Should I be using something other than "cmwx.com"? Something that works with both WiFi and Edge?

Second email problem:

I can only access my primary earthlink email account...not my second one. I cannot send or recieve mail, using any combination of servers/usernames/passwords that worked on the primary account. What am I doing wrong?:(

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
Well, on the first issue, your ISP that are using via your WiFI link may be blocking outgoing SMTP traffic. Can you send mail via SMTP from other computers on that same internet connection?

junkyardmessiah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Well, on the first issue, your ISP that are using via your WiFI link may be blocking outgoing SMTP traffic. Can you send mail via SMTP from other computers on that same internet connection?

Yes, I am using my laptop and a desk top (macs) on the same WiFi network (I'm at work!) -- and can send email.

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
Yes, I am using my laptop and a desk top (macs) on the same WiFi network (I'm at work!) -- and can send email.

OK, and I assume that using Mail.app and the same earthlink account?

You might want to double check the account settings in Mail.app on your working Mac and just make sure it's identical on the phone.

junkyardmessiah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
OK, and I assume that using Mail.app and the same earthlink account?

You might want to double check the account settings in Mail.app on your working Mac and just make sure it's identical on the phone.

I'm using Microsoft Entourage, not mail -- perhaps that is part of the problem, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.