Email Sent To Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by help!!!!!, Aug 24, 2008.

1. help!!!!! macrumors member

Here is an email I sent to Steve Jobs:

Hello,
    I would like to say that I am very displeased with the new iPhone 3G. I stood in line for 8 hours for a device that barely works. I have had one replacement and within 20 minutes of being in possession of it, it broke. The problem that my phones have been plagued with is the freezing one. It freezes on the Apple logo randomly (it just goes to the startup screen, randomly) soon after, I force it into recovery mode and restore it. This happens on average of 7-8 times a week. Today, it broke twice. At about 3:00 today it froze randomly at the Apple logo and I restored it and synced it. It was about halfway done at 10:00 PM and it froze. 7 hours of syncing and restoring, gone. I am so mad right now. On the replacement I have, my 3G speed is very, very slow. I think its even slower than Edge. And sometimes, my GPS doesnt work, for days on end it will just be, off. And will not turn on. I don't know what to do with my iPhone 3G anymore. Can you give me guidance?
    Thanks

-Jonah Grant

iPhone 3G 8GB Black
    Serial #: --------------
    IMEI #: -------------------

2. kleo macrumors regular

reply:

Maybe you shoud not install 100 apps. Oh and the iPhone is a toy not a productive device.

3. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

You are better off emailing a local apple store manager so at least they can be a bit more personal. Steve Jobs isn't going to respond to individual complaints all the time. I'm sorry for your troubles.

4. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

5. help!!!!! thread starter macrumors member

how would I get their email address?

6. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Go to the apple store, ask for a manager to give them a card next time you see them.

Alternatively, visit apple.com for your local store and find the address there.

PS -- Although my email wasn't listed, it is basically the name of the store @ apple.com For instance, mine is keystone@apple.com

7. wronski macrumors 6502

Another pointless email sent to Steve Jobs. Didn't bother reading the post.

8. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Dude, are u serious with this post? If the phone is that screwed up just take it back for a replacement. I mean, like what advice is Steve jobs going to give u that can help your problem? Who knows if he even will read your email. Why suffer with a phone that is so obviously defective?

9. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Instead of emailing Jobs, which, by the way, isn't going to work, why don't you instead pick up the phone and call 1800-My-Apple. Or, you can contact support via world wide web at support.apple.com. :p

10. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

I'm sure he's going to read that and reply to you, offering you support and "guidance".

Yes, because that's the way things work. You're just that important. ;)

11. help!!!!! thread starter macrumors member

because the replacements don't help and I cannot get a new phone.

12. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

I sent an email to that address too about cracks on my phone. Not because I expected it to do anything, but because I was frustrated and wanted to add another voice to the crowd.

This is the reply I got:

"The plastic isn't cracking. The hard coat paint can crack if it is not applied uniformly. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Steve"

Whoever it's actually from, at least there's a sorry in there. :D

13. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

I'm sure there's a guy dedicated to replying to that address...all he does all day long. Must be a pretty crappy job. :rolleyes:

14. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

Ironically, he probably uses copy & paste to reply to most of the iPhone messages. ;)

15. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

OP: I have an idea: it's called going back to the store and getting a replacement. :)

16. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

True, however not with an iPhone.

17. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Paint? :confused:
    The white and black is the actual colour of the plastic… There is no paint involved.

So… whoever replied to you was just full of BS and knows nothing about the injection moulding process. ;)

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If I were Steve Jobs or any one of his PR cronies, I'd respond this way:
    The line forms to the left.
    Clearly you have some patience, go ahead and exhibit it now.
    Like in half?
    Twice? Your phone broke twice? As in, it was broke, then then broke again? If it was broke the first time, how did it break again?
    Oh, you mean the software isn't quite working, but the device itself is still in tact. Right?
    I'm going to blame AT&T because it's easier that way.
    So are you lost now?
    Guidance? Sure, stay in school, eat your vegetables, and be nice to your mother.

Regards,
    Steve.

19. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i dont see how the phone can keep breaking

if it breaks once. that should be it.

20. iGary Guest

iGary

Being the reps that take care of Steve's e-mails = worst job ever.

21. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Wrong way to write a complaint letter/email. I'd be surprise if Steve or anyone from Apple replies.

22. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I think that the job has gotten worse with the iPhone. So many n00bs.

Actually, some receive e-mails from Apple reps who reply to e-mails sent to SJ's address.

23. help!!!!! thread starter macrumors member

As I stated in the email, I think. I said that I can force it into recovery mode and restore it. Therfore, not broken again. But it WILL break again.

24. elbirth macrumors 65816

That was awesome. Well-played

25. elbirth macrumors 65816

well, not quite. The plastic case obivously has a clear coat on it to make it as shiny as it is. Just as easily, there could be a layer of paint underneath the clear coat to make sure the color is even and white or black enough (instead of a really dark gray or off-white, etc)
    iPod lounge posted a picture way back when of an empty iPhone 3G case. It looked like a really dark matte gray. This could be painted, have a clear coat slapped on it, and be ready for use.