Email Setup

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by SoldierJAW, Oct 31, 2011.

1. SoldierJAW macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have all of my email accounts added to my iPhone 4S.

The accounts are added as Microsoft Exchange email accounts, so that I would receive instant notifications of new emails in my inbox.

Now, when I get an email (I have 3 accounts added), in the All Inboxes mailbox, I see my received emails.

Now, when I reply to one of those emails, I did not see my reply, as I would in regular Gmail.

My question is, how can I make it so that I can send an email, then click back to All Inboxes, click on the email that I just replied to, and then see what I had sent to the individual?

What I want, is how it works in Gmail. I type the reply, then I immediately see my response as being part of the message, as opposed to waiting for the person to reply to see my response in addition to their reply.

I have already tried the Always BCC Myself option, but this is not what I want. I also do not want to have to back out and go into the Sent folder for each account.

Thanks

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

That functionality is specific to GMail. Sorry, but the iOS mailboxes just don't work like that.

3. SoldierJAW thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.

Are there any email apps out there that will do this for me?

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Yeah…that's conversation view in Gmail. You can get it by logging into Gmail with Safari on the iPhone. One account at a time…just like from your computer.