email signature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by question fear, Jul 22, 2007.

?

Do you use the default "Sent from my iPhone" signature?

1. Everyone I have ever contacted must know I own an iPhone so I can spread the coolness.

41 vote(s)
    69.5%
  2. Nope, I have other random things to say, such as "Sent while not wearing underwear."

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. If I had an iPhone I would be sending emails that JUST said "Sent from my iPhone."

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Just curious who uses the "Sent from my iPhone" email sig. I changed mine this morning after reflecting on it a bit and deciding that all it did was brag that I had an iphone. What do you think?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I just leave it as the default, I'm too lazy to think of a good email signature.

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I wouldn't have changed it to say that, but since it's the default I have no problem leaving it =D

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Teehee. That's what I voted for. And it'd be the truth, too. Well, at least for the first week. Or two. I think.

5. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

6. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

my email sig is like this...

*Start Signature

Erik J. Rizo
    (Phone Number Here)

*End Signature

7. cmkx0001 macrumors newbie

8. Navintar macrumors member

I tried sending an email to myself for the first time and noticed it, hated it, and removed it.

I did not see any benefit other than bragging or advertising for apple's sake.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I left the default sig on but delete it from most emails I send from the iPhone.

To the Apple haters in my life, I change it to, "Sent from my iPhone Mutha******". :D

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Its on, but because I feel I need to tell people I have the iPhone. Its defaulted on, so I left it on.

11. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I agree there. Also, I changed my normal sig from my GMail account (that I use from my computer) to "Sent from my iPhone" as well.

12. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i use the default signature "sent from my iphone" though i did add an exclamation point at the end because i wanted it to sound more emphatic and excited. :p:eek:

13. Baumer macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

I spent way too much time thinking about it, thus I decided to keep it on....

14. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I took mine off since I use my iPhone allot for business.

15. jellis macrumors member

I turned mine off right before I sent my first e-mail and noticed it. I don't want anyone to know where I am sending anything from. I am also glad it is easier to remove than the "Sent from a Cingular Wireless Blackberry" or whatever it said.

16. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I didn't even know iPhone had a default signature. Good to know.

17. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Taking the signature off was one of the very first things I did after activating my phone. It seemed just a tad pretentious to me. I can appreciate the need for people to know that someone is not at his or her desk, however.

18. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I agree. I switched mine to my standard name/contact info signature right away. Signatures that read "sent from my Blackberry" bug me a bit but at least it's a way for business people to signal that they're on-the-go and that people emailing them should keep the messages short and attachments small.

19. whawhat macrumors 6502

after using my iphone for about a week, i got so many replies joking/asking/commenting about the iphone that i just got rid of it.