Email Templates on the iPad

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by HD Fboy, Dec 21, 2016.

1. HD Fboy macrumors member

I use MS Office Outlook on a PC in my business. I am trying to move my travel work to my iPad Pro. I really need to be able to manage email templates with attachments. I have yet to figure out a way to develop and save templates on Outlook 365 or Apple iPad Mail. I am willing to look to another email client.

Any suggestions are welcome here.

THANKS!!

2. HD Fboy thread starter macrumors member

3. pacorob, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016

pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

Sorry I just noticed your question about e-mail templates.
    I don't think Apple's own e-mail app or Outlook app offer a template feature. They do offer a signature feature.

There are third party keyboards (see a major list here) out there of which some offer a template option like:

1: Crisp Email Template Keyboard (1.99 dollar) see also a review on iDownloadblog. Last update 28th September '16 including iOS10 fix. - does not need full access (see also here) best option if you ask me!

2: TextExpender 3 + custom keyboard (4.99 dollar) - last updated Feb. '16 heard lots of good things about this one - asks full access you could argue about this if safe or not (see details here)

3: ThingThing (free) - not sure if it's offered - recently updated Dec'16 - probably needs full access in order to use

4: Message Templates (free) - not an actual keyboard I think - last update May '16, privacy?

5: WordBoard (free, with in-app 1.99 dollar for Pro version) see also a review on TechCrunch. hasn't been updated since June '15 though so seems to lack support. Asks for full access in order to use.
    6: PhraseBoard Keyboard (free) hasn't been updated since end of '15 though
    7. Oftentype (1.99 dollar), hasn't been updated since end of '15 though

Other options are third party e-mail apps like Airmail (4.99 dollar), Spark (free) or Email by Easylido (free) who offer the ability to set multiple (HTML) signatures although a signature is not the exact same thing it works almost similar. You only have to add the subject + addressees.
    I'm a frequent user of signatures on Outlook (Win desktop/laptop) on my work and I'm now also wondering how good the above options are. In private I don't actually use these but I do wonder if these options can work. Let me know if you also tried something out. I will do the same and mention it here.

4. HD Fboy thread starter macrumors member

I downloaded Crisp. Not perfect but better than the other options I have seen. Thanks!

5. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

You are welcome!
    I thought it was the best option out there as well. I've now also started using it. I did notice it in one or two occassions that the keyboard didn't appear though which is annoying but skipping again to the next and it did appear.