Email threading works - sometimes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ndpitch, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ndpitch macrumors 6502

Anyone having problems with email threading? It seems to work very intermitently. Some messages that people reply to get threaded and organized nicely. Other messages, every message comes in separate with no threading. I can't figure out why.

I'm using Gmail on exchange. Any thoughts?

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

3. spades1412 macrumors 6502

The subject line had everything to do with this. It must remain the same for iOS to thread the emails.

4. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I disabled the threading. I prefer email unthreaded.

5. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I thought I would be the same way and then when I saw 1 message with a "4" next to it one day I decided I liked it. Looks much cleaner to me

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Ditto. I hated having a single message thread that was 30-40 e-mails long eating up the majority of my visible inbox. Much nicer to have a single entry that I can drill down through.

7. ndpitch thread starter macrumors 6502

The subject lines haven't changed at all. They come back just as they went out. Besides, I can't imagine that the 50% or so of emails that come back unthreaded are a result of people clicking reply, but then changing the subject before they send it back. I don't know about you, but when I reply to an email, I never change the subject line.

8. abhimehr macrumors newbie

abhimehr

Ordering of threads

I keep seeing old entries in a thread & missing the latest updates. Is this configurable?
    Can I change the settings for my IPhone email inbox display to show the newest message in the thread on top instead of the oldest not read?