Email to text fowarding

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Norinion, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Norinion, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011

Norinion macrumors regular

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can figure this out: how to forward your emails to a text message with only one or two lines of text.

Reason: I would like to know when I get an Email without using any (at all) data, and without it spamming my text about 5 pages long per email.

Progress: I know you can email a text via (10-digit number)@mms.att.net, with that you can set your email forwarding to the phone-number's email address.

Problem so far: I get about 3-4 pages worth of text (good thing it only counts at 1 text instead of splitting), but still too much text.

Any one got any ideas? (I know it sounds weird, but would be really useful)

Thanks so much in advance.

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I can't really help answer your question, although my reply might help by bumping your thread up.... but are you sure about this "I get about 3-4 pages worth of text (good thing it only counts at 1 text instead of splitting)"?

I am pretty sure every 160 characters your getting charged for another message.

3. Norinion thread starter macrumors regular

Well i have unlimited texting so this isn't the problem... just everytime i see the text.. its like 3-4 pages worth of scrolling up, i'd just kinda like to know who sent it and part of what it is about.