Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Is there any program to make nice-looking emails and let people look at them without having to download anything, just send the email and let them read it?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
There are many built-in templates, or you can use HTML to create any setup you want. To view it, the person just has to have an HTML capable e-mail system.

TEG

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
blast! Also why do you want to send HTML email? A lot of people have that turned off and most of it doesn't render correctly in webapps. And it's a paaaain...

That said, if you really need HTML email... and it's absolutely needed...

Create a .html file and then Edit>Send Page via Email (in Safari). This will send it out in Mail.app.

If in Windows, Windows Live Mail has a "Edit Source" Mode.

Word of note :
1) if you have images, upload them online first. You can't link to images on your computer unless you pay for a static IP from your ISP and have Web Sharing turned on and leave your computer on all the time.

2) Must be built in tables. GMAIL and MobileME both strip out all CSS (though font-family and font-size are respected, and aren't inherited so every nested table needs these set).

3) Almost forgot, about the 3rd or 4th nested table the cellpadding is ignored. I have no idea why, but my solution was to add extra empty cells for padding.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
It depends...

If you will be doing this for your business...there are several "email blast" companies (like Constant Contact) that (for a fee) can set you up.
It includes templates...and if you're trying to track effectiveness feedback, they can do that too.

It shows you bounces, spam reports, opt outs, opens, clicks and forwards.

If this is more for a personal thing on a smaller scale...just send an attachment. (Everyone knows how to open those, and if they know you...more than likely they'll be expecting it)
:D

lofight

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Thanks. It's just, I'm making a website to rent a house, and it would be nice to have nice emails when you contact the owner..

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
Give mailchimp.com a try.

I use them and love it. They give you 800 mail-credits before they start charging you. I think that's fair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.