Email Woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JMan27, Aug 28, 2008.

1. JMan27 macrumors newbie

Hey All,

So here is the dilly.

I am ATTEMPTING to use Entouarge as my primary E-Mail application, but seem to have run into a snag.

1. I want to use my .mac account to both send and recieve messages using the mac server. In this case, how do I set it up? I had it working, but in trying to fix the next problem I messed up.

2. I have several other email servers forwarding messages to my .mac account (since they dont offer me any physical space and only a fwding service) BUT I want to RESPOND using the email address they provide me but send it VIA the .mac server.

I.E. My school gives me a fwd'ing address. I CANNOT respond using the schools server, but want it to appear as though it does.

SO, it comes down to HOW do I set up the incomin and outgoin servers?

Thanks!

2. JMan27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Half way

Ok,

So I got my .mac account back on. BUT when I try to add the same outgoing server informaiotn I get:

Error:

5.7.0 From address is not one of your addresses.

Any ideas?

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Here's how I've got my accounts set up (although I'm not using MobileMe/.Mac for this) ...

1. Set up my main account with all of the right details. You seem to have this all figured out; if not, check out Apple's directions for setting up Entourage with MobileMe.

2. Set up one of my mail forward accounts. The name and email address are whatever my forwards are (so "Nadyne Mielke" and "nadyne@other-email.com"). Then the rest of the details for that are the same as for my main account: same account ID, same server, same password. For sending mail, I have my SMTP server set as the same, then in the advanced options there, I select "use same settings as receiving mail server".

Give that a go, and see if it works. I've never personally tried setting up my mail forwards through my MobileMe account instead of my home account, so I'm not 100% sure if it'll work for MobileMe.

Regards,
    Nadyne.