Email works on Outlook but not on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Emby, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Emby macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have two email accounts set up on outlook (Latest one) and they work perfectly with no issues.

In iTunes I selected 'sync selected mail accounts from outlook' and all three accounts are synced over to my iPhone 3G.

As I said above, they all work fine on outlook but they wont work on my iPhone. It always says 'the username or password for SMTP:****.co.uk@mail.*********.co.uk' is incorrect.

The account username and passowrd are correct otherwise they wouldn't work on outlook.

They are POP3 accounts and on outlook I do have to have 'my outgoing server requires authentication' ticked.

Can anyone help? How Can I get these working on the iPhone

Thanks

2. maxwelldemon macrumors newbie

Outlook email

If you have gone through the steps in Apple's online FAQ--making sure you've typed the user name and password onto your iPhone correctly, etc--one thing to do is look at the number of messages in your Outlook Inbox. If there are tons of them, try archiving all but the most recent and then attempt to access the account on your iPhone again. The iPhone apparently gets overwhelmed.