Emailing a PDF from Preview through Postbox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SickSix, Aug 13, 2011.

1. SickSix macrumors newbie

SickSix

I opened a PDF download through Preview and I want to send it to a recipient by email, but the program opens Mail to send it instead of Postbox which is my default email program.

Preview>File>Mail Selected PDF

This is perhaps a Postbox forum question, but I wanted to see if anyone has a quick answer before heading over there.

Is there anyway to have Preview use Postbox instead of Mail? I have looked at all the settings between the there applications. I am running Postbox 2.5.2.

2. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

Can't you just attach the pdf to the compose window in postbox?

3. SickSix thread starter macrumors newbie

SickSix

I could but it is an option that is already available though Preview (to be able to send from Preview via email) so I would like to see if I could configure it to work with Postbox .

4. reubs macrumors 68000

First question, are you on Lion?

It may be a preference in Postbox, but I realized that Lion changed a lot of those options when it came to PDFs.

I could no longer "print PDF to Evernote" with Lion and Evernote, and it may be the same issue with mailing a PDF with Postbox.

You'll have to look into the scripting actions for Postbox, and you may have to get a copy of that script and put it into Preview's application support folder.

Someone with more tech-savvy might be able to explain that better, but that's what I had to do with my print services function to be able to print to Evernote again.

5. SickSix thread starter macrumors newbie

SickSix

I did forget to mention that I am on Lion.

What you say totally makes sense. Thank you for you input.

Ill head over to Postbox to see if they have any input.

6. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

I'm on SL and have postbox defaulted email client and preview still pins back to Mail. So, I don't think this is a Lion-specific issue.