Emailing an .AVI file from iPhoto

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
UK
Hi, I have a .AVI movie file from my digital camera that has been imported into iPhoto 5. The movie plays fine on my iMac (it opens in Quicktime) but when I emailed the file to my brother it was saved and sent as a .JPG.

Is there a way that I can email the movie file and not a .JPG screen-grab?

Thanks, Andrew

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
UK
Can somebody delete this thread!

I've figured out how to do it :eek:

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
welshandrew -- would you share with the rest of us how you figured out to do this? I have been wanting to do the same thing, and have not figured it out.

Thanks!

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
UK
skybolt said:
welshandrew -- would you share with the rest of us how you figured out to do this? I have been wanting to do the same thing, and have not figured it out.

Thanks!

Of course I will!

Instead writing the email and then attaching the file directly from the iPhoto library, I opened iPhoto and dragged the file onto the desktop, and then attached that file to the email and it worked.

markglick

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2006
los angeles
i have a casio exilim that creates .avi files. when imported into iphoto 6.0.4 they show up as blank frames. when i try to play them thru qt i get a dialogue box that tells me i'm missing components.
do you know of a fix? what brand of camera made the .avi you can see. i use a mac mini (power pc). thanks