Emailing files from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stuy119, Sep 23, 2008.

1. stuy119 macrumors newbie

I asked this in the App Forum, but haven't received a yes/no response yet.

I'm in need of a new phone soon (currently using Treo 750 with WM) for my business needs. I regularly email files from my phone and use it as a mini-computer. I can live without editing or creating docs and spreadsheets, but I REALLY need the ability to email files I have stored on the phone.

From what I understand, the MobileFinder, Files, etc. apps work in their own "sandbox" and don't have the ability for their archived files to be seen by the email app. Is this the case, or am I wrong?

To put it simply, can you email files which are stored on the iPhone via the Mail application? I want to switch, but if I can't do this it's a no-go.

Thanks!

2. stuy119 thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? 103 views and no answers? Doesn't ANYONE with an iPhone/iPhone 3G need to email files?

3. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

the answer is NO

not in it's native form. There may be an App that allows this, but since iPhone has no "disk mode" there isn't any place to grab the files from to attach to an email.

BUT you can VIEW attachments, but you can't forward them on , because iPhone's email client does not have "forward" functionality.

There, does that answer your question?

4. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

There is an option in MobileFinder from Cydia to send files by email but when I click on it it launches mail.app but doesnt attach the file. Strange

5. memesmith macrumors regular

Of course it does. But if you haven't seen it touch the reply arrow, and you get an option to reply, reply all OR forward.

6. iphonecode macrumors member

7. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Can you get it to send files? I cant manage to get the files to attach.

8. pcorrado macrumors 6502

you can forward in email and since 2.1 you can forward attachments as well (whatever format they be)

9. Krazykonga macrumors newbie

Emailing Files From iPhone

Hello,
    I use my iPhone4 for business and I need to send/receive files (Word, Excell, PDF,etc..) from my iPhone and I just downloaded the Documents To Go Premium app and it will do exactly what I need. You can setup a sync from your computer and/or you can use a "cloud service" like DropBox to access your files.

It will send the actual file itself and not just a "link" to the file so my customers get my files as an attachment on my email. Great stuff!!!

N-E-Ways? Hope this helps!

AB3

10. Raj24v macrumors member

How are you guys viewing attachments on your iphones??

I sent an email attached with a pic from my desktop to my email address. And when I accessed my Mail on my phone it just comes up blank....

11. JohnForte macrumors newbie

You can use an App for this: AttachmentMailer hooks into the iPhone's "Open with" dialog and thus can access all files from any application. (Unlike other file managers or virtual USB drives.)

I find it quite useful, as it allows to email nearly any file. Plus, it's free.

http://bit.ly/p858yk

12. YourITMan macrumors newbie

You could use Docments to Go, but I'd rather spend money on QuickOffice. With integration with Mail, DropBox and Google Apps you can create, edit, view, file and manage documents using this all-in-one app.

I run my own business - you might guess from the name and it is invaluable along with Evernote. I could not live without them. The perfect combination of apps for business.