Emailing help with Entourage...I give up!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tiehen, Sep 18, 2008.

1. tiehen macrumors newbie

tiehen

I need serious help.

I have a new macbook pro and iMac networked wirelessly via Time capsule. I can get internet and print wirelessly perfectly with both. What I am having issues with is sending emails via Entourage 11.0. I have both computers (macbook pro and Imac) setup to "pop" my emails from my company's incoming server and utilize SMTP outgoing info to send my emails. I know the settings are correct because when I am on the road and connecting to various hotel wireless connections(with the macbook) the damn thing receives and sends emails just fine. But when I am at my home office I can receive emails just find but cannot send them out. It say's " It can't find the server". I have a cable modem @ 12 Mbps Upload/1 Mbps download

What in the heck is going on????????

I need to figure this out quickly.

Any suggestions woulod be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

I have to use different outgoing smtp settings depending on which network I'm connected to. Incoming will always work and can stay the same wherever I am, but outgoing is another matter. You need network-specific settings (specific to the network that is currently providing your internet connection).

If it "can't find the server", then make sure you have the smtp server for your cable provider in your account settings (not the smtp server of your company's provider).

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

3. suprajoe macrumors member

This is not an Entourage issue. There are some ISP that want you to use their SMTP servers to send mail. I also travel a lot and run into this problem often. I also use Entourage. You need to contact your ISP, or go to their website and see what their SMTP is. Configure that in Entourage and you should be good.

4. tiehen thread starter macrumors newbie

tiehen

Thanks everyone!

It's working now................This whole time I was under the assumption that the SMTP server in the preferences needed to be my companies SMTP address. But actually it was my IPS's SMTP I needed the whole time. Sure is great to have good responses like this! Thanks for the help!

Scott
    "Proud Mac Owner"