Emailing lists of people...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Snowy_River, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Okay, there is a serious shortcoming with the iPad mail app. If you want to email a list of people you have to enter each email address one at a time. Have the addresses in a list format and want to copy/paste them into the To: field? Don't do it! The mail app treats that as one big long (and, needless to say, invalid) email address.

So, my question is, has anyone discovered an easier way to enter a long list of recipients than one at a time? Is there some magic format that the iPad will recognize that I just haven't figured out yet? Or do we have to wait until there is an update that will address this issue?

Thanks!

2. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

I await an answer, as I've had the same problem.

3. GottaLoveApple4 macrumors member

Create a group that you would like to email on your Mac in Address Book or PC in Outlook and sync your contacts via MobileMe or a direct iTunes sync. Then you can email groups!

4. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

That's fine, assuming all of the email addresses are in your address book (and that you want them there). But if you're working on a party guest list, and people keep sending you email addresses of people who should be in on it, that suggestion, unfortunately, falls a little short.

However, when the circumstances allow, that is a possible work around. Thanks.

5. iThinman macrumors regular

The only thing i can think of if the names are trickling in is to save a draft email that you add the names to one-by-one as they are received.

6. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

Ah, the trials & tribulations of todays spammers...:p

7. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Uh, yeah, if I wanted to SPAM people, I wouldn't be using my iPad...

8. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

I've been able to create group lists without issue. Google group email lists on iPhone and you'll get the answer. It works the same on the iPad especially if you are using something like Google Sync for your contacts between both.

It's not hard at all to add additional in the mix as well.

9. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

Ah, the trials & tribulations of the humorless...:D