emailing photos from I-photo

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by deer whisperer, Mar 31, 2010.

1. deer whisperer macrumors newbie

when i attempt to attach a photo to an email thru I photo is there a way to change the size of the attachment /photo for all outgoing mail ? I looked in I-photo preferences and didn't find any thing ? sorry I'm old and this is all very confusing to me :confused:

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

At the bottom of the mail window when you create a new email and drop an image into it there should be a size adjustment drop down (actual size, large small etc).

I'm not sure how iPhoto puts the images into Mail but it cant really be any different to you doing it manually. Look out for the drop down menu once the image (JPEG - not sure if it works on other formats) is dropped in to the email then set the size accordingly. :)

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

You could also use the Export function (under Edit) in iPhoto to choose what size you want to use, tell it to export to your desktop and then drag into a mail message from there.

4. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Here's how I do it: I drag the photo I want to email down to the dock, put it over the Mail icon and then let go.

The computer then opens a new email with the photo already attached. In the bottom right-hand corner of the email window is an "Image size" list - just click whether you want small, medium or large. On the bottom left it shows the size of the email - I try and keep emails to below 1MB.

If you want to email more than one photo, just hold down the 'CMD' key as you click on each photo and then you can drag several at once into Mail.

Attached Files:

5. shoalhaven macrumors newbie

emailing photos from iPhoto

I'm probably doing this wrong, so I apologize.
    My problem is somewhat different, I would like to send a photo in a reply to a post in a forum thread, such as this one.

I tried a search, with no result.