Emailing Photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maxxscholten, Oct 6, 2008.

1. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Has anyone else noticed that if you're emailing photos that you have to have the photo application open - otherwise it stops the data sending process. I've noticed this because whenever I start to email a photo (usually on Edge* - Original iPhone) I notice the spinning wheel in the status bar indicating that the phone is dealing with data sending/receiving.

However, when I close the photo application while it's sending to open the iPod app., the wheel disappears and the photo email never appears in my "sent" folder of my email; but when I go back to the photo app. and let it do it's thing until it's sent, it'll work.

This has proven to be pretty annoying because when I'm on Edge, it can take a while to send and I have to keep the app. open until it's done.

Has anyone else experienced this? Hopefully they'll fix this with an update - or maybe I just need to get a 3G :p

*I haven't tried this on WiFi...

2. The General macrumors 601

Works for me. I just sent a photo over EDGE. I closed the Photos app and locked my phone and it still sent.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Same here...just did it the other day. Worked fine for me.

4. maxxscholten thread starter macrumors regular

5. elbirth macrumors 65816

it's not just you, I noticed the same thing the other day on mine. I was still using 2.0.2 or whatever the last update was before 2.1, however. I wonder if this is something that got fixed?

6. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

I haven't had this issue. Then again, I rarely send on EDGE. I did last night though when I had no 3g for some reason. It went rather quick and I was on the home screen.

7. maxxscholten thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Well maybe I'm not so crazy after all