emailing photos

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by whitebeach, May 15, 2009.

1. whitebeach macrumors newbie

Hi,

When I email photos from my new MacBook, they are not attached so someone receiving can save. They are just embedded in the email text in a small version that cannot be open and enlarged or saved. How do I do this simply without having to export from Iphoto to another programme (photshop etc)?

Many thanks
    White beach

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

How are you emailling them? And how are you attaching them to your emails?

3. whitebeach thread starter macrumors newbie

going to Iphoto and sending from there

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

How about if you try attaching them via Mail.app or whatever mail software/website you use?

5. whitebeach thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using the Mac's email programme and when I 'attach' a photo, it attaches in the text of the email, but this is not the usual way of attaching photos. Too small and unsaveablr by the person I am sending the email to.

QUOTE=NewMacbookPlz;7621961]How about if you try attaching them via Mail.app or whatever mail software/website you use?[/QUOTE]

6. youssefm macrumors 6502

When you send things via apple mail, they get attached as files to the text of the email, there isn't a separate bar or tab for them. Try that method, as doing that by attaching them sends the whole file.. and using your other way, the other person can just save the thumbnail of the picture to their computer

7. whitebeach thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I must be stupid because I don't understand what 'method' you are talking about. I have tried attachimng a photo once in email and same thing small photo cannot be enlarged or re sized or saved by the receipient. Also tried sending from IPHOTO and the same thing embedded in the email as one size.

8. youssefm macrumors 6502

By method I meant what I said, try attaching it via apple mail, and the other method was your iphoto method, I should have clarified that

9. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

[/QUOTE]

That may just be how it's showing on your end. Send the email to another address of your own and see what it looks like on the recipient end.

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Try exporting the photo out of iPhoto first, at full size. Then open Mail.app or whatever mail client you use (even webmail) and attach the file you exported.

11. pesc macrumors regular

Don't export.

Just drag the photo from iPhoto to the mail you are composing. In the bottom of the mail window, you can set the size of the photo being sent.

If the recipient is using Mac Mail, she can just drag it from the received mail to the desktop (for instance) to save it.

When composing a mail, you can also use the image browser button in the toolbar to get at the photos if you don't have iPhoto open.

Finally, you can right-click (ctrl-click) on the photo in the mail program and choose that it just displays an icon instead of the full photo.