Emailing picture trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dawgfan, May 26, 2011.

1. dawgfan macrumors 6502

dawgfan

I must be doing something wrong. Every time I take a picture with my i4, then try to email it, I cannot get the To: line to take any input. I have tapped all over the place and eventually it allows an entry, but usually after entering a Subject or Cc/Bcc:.

Is there a specific order to this process I am missing?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's kind of strange; doesn't happen that way for me.

3. dawgfan thread starter macrumors 6502

dawgfan

That's the answer I was afraid of. Does everyone agree it's a phone error or could it possibly be pilot error?

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

not sure if you talking about the same thing but my To: is not responsive right away usually takes about 3 seconds after the photo is added to the body

5. dawgfan thread starter macrumors 6502

dawgfan

I suppose. I compared to a coworker's 3GS and her's was almost instant. I have had mine react to touch anywhere from a couple of seconds to a count of 12! No pattern, just annoying to tap so many times before I can enter a contact to email. I'm hoping it is not a fault of the phone which would require an Apple store appointment.

6. patp Guest

same here. It takes about 3-4 seconds before the keyboard pops up.

7. dawgfan thread starter macrumors 6502

dawgfan

Yes, it takes a few seconds for kybd to pop up; however, there is still a delay after that before I can enter a contact to send the email to. Hope this clarifies my issue. Thanks.

8. dawgfan thread starter macrumors 6502

dawgfan

Phoned Apple about this issue and they had me do a restore, then setup as new. It did not correct the problem, so we setup and appointment at the Genius Bar. The gal there replaced the phone with a new one and after all was said and done....it doesn't do any better than the first one.

Apparently, this is an issue that might get fixed in a future update. I can only hope, and try to patiently wait to enter a send to contact when I try to email a picture.

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I've had the same problem with MMS not email, but just a reboot and it was fine. But seeing as how the problem persists on a new iPhone, maybe it's something to do with your carrier?

10. dawgfan thread starter macrumors 6502

dawgfan

Your response intrigues me. I'm not sure I follow the connection between a carrier and the failure of the phone to accept input on the line. You may have a point in that the delay could be related to the email process rather than the phone's ability to access it's contact list. Interesting.

11. barings-prod macrumors newbie

i' m with you