Emailing protected songs from iTunes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macenvy, May 15, 2008.

1. macenvy macrumors newbie

To everyone that entered to roast me about doing something illegal, hold on. I work as a musician and occasionally need to send things from my iTunes library to describe to people a sound/vibe/idea.

What I'd like to be able to do, is email the song in a player that doesn't allow the song to be downloaded by the person receiving it. Is this possible?? If yes, how? If not, any other suggestions?

2. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Nope. Don't know what other solutions you might have other than simply burning and ripping back to the HD and e-mailing the unencrypted version. They won't be able to listen to it unless you authorize them on your account temporarily, and then deauthorize. And I'm not sure how many times Apple is gonna allow that.

3. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Well, unless they are authorized, you legally are not suppose to do this. Yet, you can burn the stuff to a CD, then rip it back to your computer, therefore removing the protection. You can then send it as an MP3 and they will be able to listen to it. If this is only for reference purposes, I don't think it should be a problem. It's like bringing someone to your studio to listen to a song, only your studio is the internet.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

No, it's not, really. You are making a duplicate copy of the material.

When they come to your place to listen, you are not making a copy.

It's called COPYrights, not LISTENrights.

5. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

YouTube has a massive amount of songs uploaded as videos - if the music you want to share isn't too obscure, then you could probably send them a link from there.