Emailing wmv file

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knew2mack, Apr 28, 2011.

1. knew2mack macrumors regular

knew2mack

I have a cd with a wmv video on it. Trying to figure out how to save it to computer so that I can send it to someone's email.....
    is this possible?? if so, step by step, kindergarten talk, please!!

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's possible that the file is larger than your e-mail provider will allow you to send in a single message. Check out Dropbox as an alternative.

3. simsaladimbamba

• Open Finder
    • Go to the CD where the .wmv files are located
    • Copy the file(s) you want to send to your Desktop or any folder
    • If your mail service does not have a file size limit for attachments*, compress the copied files into one archive (.zip) via Finder > select the files you want to compress >> right click >>> Compress (Make archive)
    • Open your eMail client or whatever you use to send emails
    • Compose a new eMail
    • Click the Attachments button and select the .zip file or the .wmv file(s)
    • Write the message
    • Hit Send

In other words, sending .wmv files is using the same procedure as any other file type.

* If it does, look into Dropbox or 2Shared or MediaFire or any other file sharing service.

4. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

I can't seem to save it. I put the cd in the drive, Quicktime opens & does nothing. When I click on File, the only drop downs are, Open URL, Open File and Open Recent....all of the save options are not highlighted.

I know there is something simple that I'm leaving out but have been having a hard time with my brain lately...... please excuse the mess!! :confused::confused:

when I pull up Spotlight, it has it listed down in movies and top hit but again, Quicktime opens full screen and just remains black.

HELP a girl out my friends!! Please

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Open finder, locate the file and drag it to the desktop. Don't try to open it.

The following part has nothing to do with sending email.
    If you want to watch the movie you might have to Flip4Mac and/or this Perian

6. simsaladimbamba

Finder ≠ QuickTime Player.
    Finder is for navigating your files, in order to copy files you don't need to open them. Can't you drag them via Finder from the CD onto the Desktop?
    Maybe you should take a look here to learn more about Mac OS X and navigating it:

7. benchlegs macrumors member

benchlegs

Dropbox is the simple answer. Try it, you'll like it!