Emails: automatic filing, how?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jimthing, Feb 3, 2016.

1. jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

i am subscribed to a couple of sites that send me several emails an hour. And everytime they come in all my devices 'ping' taking me away from what I'm concentrating on, and notification centre gets full of these emails I don't need to be notified about. I cannot change the frequency of said emails, and I need them to keep arriving for me to go through once a week at my leisure.

I only want to be 'pinged' for other emails, and not these subscribed ones.

Is there a way I can not receive notifications for these specific emails? I presume it'd be best to sort this issue at the server rather than on any of my Macs/iOS devices... or not??

(Note I use both one outlook.com and one icloud.com email address for these.)

Anyone know solutions to this? I presume there are several but really have no clue on options.

2. chown33 macrumors 604

I would create another email account just for these emails. Let them accumulate during the week, and only read them once a week.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

4. jimthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimthing

Yeah, could do this, but it's yet another account to manage, so not for me. Thanks anyway.
    I have tried this, but I still get the 'ping' on my iOS devices (just no notification in Notification Centre). It there a way of stopping them making the noise?

Any other ideas...? Must be some way of doing this, as it's the ping that gets on my nerves.