Emails disappear from iPhone and iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mpike78, Dec 8, 2014.

1. mpike78 macrumors regular

I have a client site that the Town Manager has his Town email setup on an iPhone 5s and a iPad. Both are completely up to date IOS wise, but here is my problem.

We are using Small Business Server 2008 with Exchange 2007 he has his email setup on his IOS devices via Exchange. Very randomly he will get an email and look at it, when he looks at it even for a second or 2 it will disappear from his IOS devices and from outlook. It is not in junk it is not in deleted items its GONE. I have looked at the logs on exchange and it shows the message coming in and being delivered. This issue only happens to this one user. He does not have any exchange rules setup and the issue is very random on random emails.I have removed the mail accounts on the IOS devices and re added them and the issue still persists.

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

How old are the emails? When exchange accounts are added to iOS, the native setting is to only show 2 weeks of emails. To show all emails, go to settings > mail > (the exchange account), and in "mail days to sync" select "no limit". See if that helps any. My thought is that when they open the mail, it starts to sync, realizes some are past the two weeks, and removes them.

If they are fresh emails having this issue, I would advise testing it on a desktop, or on another app (MS outlook) and see if they disappear or stay. This is to determine if it is something with the server, or if it is the mail app in ios

3. mpike78 thread starter macrumors regular

3 of them came in this morning and all disappeared within seconds of him viewing them on his ios devices. Does not happen within his outlook if he DOES NOT view them on his IOS device first.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

That is really strange, does this also happen when using the non iOS mail app? Like MS outlook app or some other 3rd party email app?

5. mpike78 thread starter macrumors regular

I do not think it does. I did just send him a email asking him to look at the emails first through either webmail on his IOS devices or outlook if he is on his desktop FIRST before viewing them through his mailbox on IOS device.