Emails from one sender seem to be blocked by Apple

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by barnetda, Jun 9, 2014.

1. barnetda macrumors regular

I am having a problem getting emails from one particular sender.

Basically i am in a few football fantasy leagues and for some reason for the last week or so it seems that Apple have blocked emails to me from their server.

It has worked for a year and seems to have just stopped. I changed the email address to another @me.com address and still nothing was received. I changed it to a gmail address and they came through immediately.

It doesnt show in my junk .

Any ideas please?

2. impaler macrumors 6502

You'll need to contact Apple support and let them know about it - likely their silent spam filtering is blocking it - without putting it in your junk, which happens often, without a fix. They're just terrible about this.

3. barnetda thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. You were exactly right.
    I contacted Apple and they got the address removed immediately from their spam filtering.
    Very strange as i had been receiving emails from that address for a year or more and then they decided to put it on their list.
    Anyway resolved now.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Just for the record...can you let us know the email provider of the address that was being blocked?

5. barnetda thread starter macrumors regular

Sure, it was a Football fantasy league site.

Bounces@myfantasyleague.com

6. exi macrumors 6502

Ah, interesting. Glad it got fixed, though in all fairness, of all freebie email services, iCloud has perhaps the sketchiest reputation for reliability in sending/receiving.

I'm just waiting for the new Outlook rules to get rolled out until I switch to that or back home to Gmail. /rant