Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angelo1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hello,

I just got my 3GS up and running again after a complete restore. I updated most of my library with WinSCP.

I set up my email, and it shows my mailboxes and their content, up to Wednesday, which is when my phone was first restored.

The mail app says it's downloading the mail, the progress bar completes, and it beeps like I have new mail, but nothing shows up. Every time I hit refresh or re-enter the mail app, it repeats this.

I have tried resetting the mail app, resetting the phone, and I have tried deleting the account and setting it up again.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thank you!

angelo1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I ended up fixing this by restoring the phone again, and not copying the mail folder over this time.

However, I've now noticed a similar issue with the calendar. I can't get new events to show up. I can fill out a new event but when it's done there is nothing saved on the date.

Is there some kind of conflict with WinSCP transfers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.