emails not sent

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Freida, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Freida macrumors 65816

I tried to send few emails from my icloud email but none of them were received but I was able to go to sent emails and find it there. I also sent the email to myself and haven't received it either.
    Any idea on how to fix it, please?

2. exi macrumors 6502

More details.

What were you sending -- anything suspect you think may have been flagged as spam?

Sending through webmail or a mail client, like Mail.app?

Anything in your spam folder?

Reputable third-party domain? As in, were you sending the first few emails to a reliable mail host?

Is this a brand new problem you never had before, or did you just start using iCloud for mail?

3. Freida thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you for your reply.

I was sending email with a small attachment to from my icloud email address to my gmail address and hotmail address but it didn't get delivered. I then send it from icloud address to the same one (sending it to itself) and i haven't received it either even though it was in sent messages.
    I then sent it to a friend and she received it fine so I have no idea what happened.
    It was from work computer but I don't think there is any block as when i used my hotmail address and did the same then it all worked fine. It was just the icloud that seemed to not work and I don't know why. It was through google chrome browser.

4. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

My first thought would be that the Apple IP is being blocked by your work network. Many do this to avoid email spam--it may be a case that none of the Apple iCloud IP addresses used for email are being "accepted" by your work network for outgoing mail.