Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Sometimes the emails on my iPhone/iPad Mini come in as read. I hear the notification, but the notification immediately disappears or doesn't show up at all. And no, it's not open in a browser or elsewhere. I'm not hacked and just changed my password to some stupidly complicated crap about a month ago.

This isn't too much of an issue if I feel or hear the notification, but if I don't, sometimes it just sits there for hours before I see it.

I am running iOS 7 on my iPhone (GM edition, haven't gotten the OTA yet) but 6.1.3 on my Mini. So I know it's not an issue with the version of iOS necessarily.

I'm not JB on either device.

Using Outlook.com account.

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
I do, I mean, it's not open to outlook.com on my computer in Chrome or something, sorry.

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
I've had this happen from time to time with an iCloud account. (Happened last night twice). I was e-mailing and texting. I while texting I got the new mail chime, swipped notifcation center and there was nothing there. The mail app icon did not have a number on it and I moved on. A few minutes later I thought to check mail, and I did infact have a new mail message only it was already opened and therefor marked as read (clearing the notifications).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.