emails showing up in Safari searches

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jools5858, Oct 18, 2016.

1. jools5858 macrumors newbie

I recently searched my own name in Safari, and I noticed something weird. When I Google my own name, my gmail emails show up at the top of my Safari search. There's no URL or anything, it just seems to be taking them from my local mail account on the phone and displaying them. If I search from a different device I don't see them, only from the phone the mail account is installed on. I've searched through all the settings and can't seem to disable it. Has anybody ever seen this?

2. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

3. jools5858 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is this in the suggestions area as you are typing in your search or right on the Google search results page? Do you have Safari Suggestions enabled in Safari settings? If you scroll to the bottom of the search results page do you see it showing your account or anything like that there?

5. jools5858 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have suggestions enabled, but I checked on a friend phone, who also has suggestions enabled and a gmail account, and they aren't getting their mail coming up. It is above all of the actual search results in safari though...

6. GalFieri macrumors regular

GalFieri

Is there a screenshot you can post (with any personally identifiable or sensitive information removed, of course)?