Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Secco1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2014
Today all the email on my iCloud mail account, from yesterday to mid-May vanished. Emails received mid-May and earlier remain, as do all of today's.
Rebuilding the mailbox (I have only one) made no difference. They're gone from my MacBook, iPad and iPhone, as well as on my mail on iCloud.com. They're not in the Trash. The iCloud site indicates no service problems for Mail lately.

Oh, also quit and restarted Mail and restarted the Mac.

But since they're gone from iCloud.com it looks like it's the iCloud server that lost them--I guess--??--how likely is this? Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
It does happen from time to time with others that use iCloud mail. For me, I've seen emails pop into my inbox, then disappear, never to be found again. Not in the trash, junk, sent items, etc. I find that unacceptable and can't trust it enough to rely on it.

Dolfke

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2013
EU
inbox

Don't keep them in your inbox, but archive them, thats much safer than trusting them to the cloud, but I have to say I never had any problems garding thousands of emails in my inbox.

Do you have enough space bought from Apple to store all kinds of things in your iCloud ?

If not, they disappear !!

Dolfke

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2013
EU
iCloud storage

How much storage you have left on your iCloud account pls ??
You can check this in System Preferences / iCloud.

I understand you are running the latest OSX 10.9.4 ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.