Embargo lifted, the reviews are in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matthew Yohe, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

2. Matthew Yohe thread starter macrumors 68020

Mossberg: " I dropped it several times from a few feet onto a hard surface with no problem, and it acquired no scratches at all in my testing, even though I didn't use a case or coddle it."

3. RC83 macrumors 6502

Engadget...

"We're not going to beat around the bush -- in our approximation, the iPhone 4 is the best smartphone on the market right now. The combination of gorgeous new hardware, that amazing display, upgraded cameras, and major improvements to the operating system make this an extremely formidable package."

4. Godzirra! macrumors regular

Godzirra!

with all the glowing, let us not forget att is a negative on this in every review i have read. Why are people still defending them? Please let this work on t-mobile 3g.

5. Matthew Yohe thread starter macrumors 68020

"In fact, we managed to squeeze more than 38 hours -- yes, 38 hours -- of life out of a single charge using the phone as we normally would. We're talking calls, some gaming, lots of push email and calendar invites, playing music over Bluetooth in the car, and just general testing (like downloading new apps, rearranging icons, tweaking settings). We went from 10:30AM on a Saturday morning till 1:00AM on Monday without needing to charge the phone. "
    - Engadget

6. Built macrumors 68020

[​IMG]

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

8. bahooki macrumors regular

Walts review as usual is useless, but Topolsky's review was great. I hate the video quality, but its just a phone. The stills however look really great outside and very passable in low light.

9. Wailord macrumors 6502

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

11. kenbrinkman macrumors regular

kenbrinkman

hahah I love this from Pogue's review:

"On the other hand, the new model won’t do anything for people who detest the iPhone. It wouldn’t matter if the new iPhone could levitate, cure hepatitis and clean your gutters; the Cantankerous Committee would still avoid it."

12. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Ohh…

That won't go down well on there.

13. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

There's been a fix for the shakies for a very long time now. It's called mounting the phone on a large stick with a 20lb weight at one end. Smooth as butter. You'll notice camera men are built like Arnold...

14. corriewf macrumors 6502a

15. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Love the WSJ Flash video player.

How can you be on minute 7:15 of a 6:29 video!?

Attached Files:

16. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Anyone else find it kind of funny that the pictures that they show on the pages of the articles show the WHITE iPhone.

17. Matthew Yohe thread starter macrumors 68020

And edited with the phone's iMovie.

18. WilliamG macrumors G3

Walt Mossberg, once again, doesn't sound very technologically competent. Why he reviews gadgets is beyond me...

What does this even mean?

"In fact, for many scenarios, such as games, Apple's version of multitasking is really just fast switching among open apps that save their place. And, even to achieve this, the apps must be updated. For some users, this limited version of multitasking will be a disappointment."

What does he want? The game to continue while you're making a phone call or surfing the web? Apple's multitasking makes WAY more sense. OBVIOUSLY we want the game to pause in place while we're doing other things... jeez. :rolleyes: And OBVIOUSLY the apps have to be updated. Does he not know how this works?

Seriously, it made me angry reading his review. :mad:

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And I'm sure the first Darwin candidate will try it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

20. WilliamG macrumors G3

I'm sure Mossberg doesn't even have the eyesight to see the dents he made in the phone.

21. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I wonder if Gizmodo get to do FaceTime calls with Greg Joswiak or if that privilege is just reserved for Engadget…

22. xmtgx macrumors regular

You like t-mobile better then att? In my area t-mobile is one of the worst providers

23. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

That blew away my expectations. I wonder if anyone saw the new iPhone filming them and had a fanboy moment.