embargo

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dwd3885, Mar 31, 2010.

1. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

Anyone know if the NDA embargo will be lifted today? I'm anxiously awaiting any iPad reviews and hope they come out today. I can't remember when the iPhone 3GS reviews came out.

2. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    I'm expecting it to lift today or maybe tomorrow. Rumor had it that Mossberg, Pogue, etc. got their review iPads last Thursday.

3. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

see i was thinking today in order to capitalize on the news cycle. If reviews get released Thursday, then there's not much time to talk about it before the iPad is released.

4. dagomike macrumors 65816

I was thinking the same thing today...

3GS was lifted on Wednesday afternoon prior to the Friday launch. I'd guess Thursday afternoon.

5. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

got it. i guess if it isn't today then it will be tomorrow. only a day to wait.

6. nippyjun macrumors 65816

What's the rush. It's already sold out. That's the best way to increase interest.

7. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

well if the reviews are consistently horrible the rush is to find out before buying/opening the product.

8. dagomike macrumors 65816

It's not sold out. There will many available for walk-ins on Saturday. Apple just cut off the pre-sales and reservations for launch day to ensure its commitments.

9. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

and you gotta figure the reviews will be great just like the iphone's and that will ramp up more excitement and anytime you can get people on TV talking about the iPad it's a good thing for Apple. Can't do that unless the embargo is lifted soon.

10. dball4 macrumors regular

Embargo is lifted on Thursday or Friday, my friend told me that the paper they work for is awaiting final confirmation

11. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

If I'm not mistaken, Thursday is usually Mossberg's big day in the Wall Street Journal, so I'd be shocked if his review isn't included tomorrow.

12. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

well it's almost 4 on the east coast, so it'll be tomorrow now.

13. pearsonownz macrumors newbie

Embargo ends tonight at 9PM EST.

Walt has consistently released his reviews 3 days prior at 9PM.

Look at the original iPhone, and iPhone 3G, and pretty much every Apple product. 3 days before, at 9PM.

14. dagomike macrumors 65816

That's as good as a theory as any. I don't recall when he posted his, but if it was in the evening it was after everyone else in the afternoon. Perhaps he was working up until his paper deadline. Pretty sure though that if the embargo is Thursday afternoon, Walt will have column space Friday.

It's also probably a safe bet that if someone breaks the embargo it will be that publication/sites last Apple pre-release product.

15. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

As someone pointed out in the other thread, Thursday is also Tech day in the NYT so it'd make sense for Pogue's review to appear there tomorrow as well.

Could be midnight + 1 second tonight...

I'll be up just in case :)

Can you imagine how psyched those mofos have been all week?

16. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

makes sense that if it will be in the paper tomorrow, they would be done tonight and it would be up tonight as well!

17. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

ABC World News just teased the iPad they have had in their hands for a bit- video review coming up in a few minutes.....

18. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Sure enough! Looks like it's right after this commercial break!