Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Here's the deal, I need to e-mail my clients a project I'm working on, but I want the link to be an image, a jpeg (or any format). How (on Mac or PC) do I accomplish this? I'd also like it to be very streamlined so that I can do this often with different links and be able to share it with co-workers.

Thanks for the help

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
The JPG will need to be created in an external photo editor and sent as an attachment.

The hyperlink will be accomplished through whatever mail client you're using. (You usually just right click on the image and select the "hyperlink" option).

Also, keep in mind many email clients will not automatically display attachments in the body of an email. Nor will they automatically load images hosted on another website.

May I ask why you would like to send an image as a link rather than a text?

HomeBru Studios

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
The way I do it

It can be done using inline CSS, as if you were creating a mail signature with an attached picture. The picture needs to be deposited in a location that all recipients can access so that as they open the email, it fetches the image from a public URL (I use my web server to hold my email signature pictures).

Good luck.

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
iDisk and MobileMe includes easy password access, expiration date, and email within one interface.

However, I also have several websites with ftp access. Upload the file to a directory and then include the URL (http://website.com/directory/file.jpg) in an email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.