Embedded Quicktime - huge white box

JLS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
Kent, England
Code:
<div align="center"><embed src="trailer_small.mov" width="300" height="240" autoplay="true"></div>
I am using this code to put a quicktime movie on a friends website, but I get a huge white border round the movie no matter what size the different movies are.

In this example, I put the code in a new slice in dreamweaver (so the background is shown without actually having it as a background - photoshop slices) but there is this huge white space I want to get rid of.

Any ideas would be appreciated. (note it looks the same in internet explorer and firefox)

Attachments

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Okay, you've probably thought of this, but is that the size of the movie you're embedding? the code looks right, but perhaps the movie is a bit smaller than the space you've alotted for it.

JLS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
Kent, England
Yeah the size is just a guess until I find out what they actually are, but no matter what size I put it at there is still that white box.

How can I find out the size of the quicktime movie so I can actually put the correct size in?

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
JLS said:
Yeah the size is just a guess until I find out what they actually are, but no matter what size I put it at (even 100x100) there is still that white box.
Right, but is the white box the right size? In other words, if I get you right, you're making a table of sliced images. You need the "blank" spot for the movie to be exactly the size of the movie (plus its controls). Can you make a test movie that's just the right size and try that?

JLS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
Kent, England
How can I find out the size of the quicktime movie so I can actually put the correct size in? (im not the one encoding it)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
There's no dynamic way of doing it that I know of - you've got open the file in QuickTime and get info on it (Window>Show Movie info or Command + I). It'll be listed in the info window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.