iPad Embedded SIM on unlocked iPad Pro 9.7 is amazing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Booji, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

If you travel a lot, the embedded SIM on the unlocked 9.7 Pro is reason enough to upgrade from the Air 2 if you travel internationally.

I bought my Pro in Singapore. On my recent trip to the US, several options showed up under Cellular Data Plan. One was T-Mobile, with a special deal for 5gb for 150 days for only $10. It's a pretty amazing deal I could not help but take it. On top of that, the plan also includes 200mb per month for life.

In Japan, there is also a plan for au - yen 1500 for 1gb for 30 days.

I can't wait to see options in other countries.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

And if you are lucky enough to travel to China, you will realise that "embedded Sim" is nothing. And you still need to figure out how to use mobile data at there.
    But of course if you don't go there then that would be great.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Then you'd just need to pick up a local sim and pop into the standard sim tray. You can bypass the embedded sim this way.

4. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

The embedded SIM is really nice, but if you already use one of the carriers that supports it, you could use the regular Apple SIM and get the same effect. The advantage of the embedded SIM comes when you use a carrier that doesn't support it (or locks it like AT&T does) so you don't have to swap your carrier SIM with an Apple SIM.

5. Booji thread starter macrumors 6502a

Booji

I like it because I travel a lot and the on-the-fly access to special local single device mobile plans really saves the hassle of getting a SIM. Places like Japan it's really expensive and inconvenient to get a SIM - now I can skip the queue and no need to swap out a SIM.