Embedding iTunes downloaded Artwork

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Minimum91, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Minimum91 macrumors newbie

Minimum91

Hello peeps.

I recently discovered that when you download artwork through the "Get Album Artwork" feature in iTunes it only pastes the artwork onto the first song of the entire album. It's probably wise to note that all of my collection is is ALAC (Apple Lossless audio file) and added by converting through XLD.
    So I've spent the last 4 hrs of my life wasting time and looking for unanswered questions and even at some point I thought that I found a solution. Too bad it didn't work. I've tried countless methods to no avail.
    I'm not a very skilled AppleScripter. I can write some very primitive stuff, but not much. What I was wondering if someone can help me out with this. What I want that script to do, is select the first track from every selected album, and paste that artwork to the rest of the tracks in each and every album. Is that possible and could someone skilled help me out? That'd be greatly appreciated and also provide a good way of embedding artwork files into the audio files, unlike the "Embed Album Artwork" Script that doesn't work, because the only file to contain the album artwork is as I said earlier the first track from the album. Just for safety reasons the same artwork file copied from the first track of every album should also probably be pasted on to that same first track as well, cause, well, I don't know if that's embedded as well.

Long story short the script should:
    1) Copy the artwork from the first track
    2) Clear the album artwork (preferably not through the iTunes built-in method)
    3) Paste the artwork copied from the first track onto every track of the album, including the first track
    4) do the same thing with the next album in queue.

I hope I made myself clear. I'm saying that cause English is not my native language and it's sometimes hard for me to translate my though.

2. Minimum91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Minimum91

3. appleorangepie macrumors newbie

I scanned my covers or check the net for artwork.
    Right click the album or all songs, Info, Artwork. Drop artwork onto.
    Embedded.