Embedding NHS Choices videos into PowerPoint

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by mateus, Nov 27, 2009.

1. mateus macrumors member

mateus

Hi guys,

I’m after some help embedding SWF videos (from NHS Choices) into a PowerPoint presentation. I feel this is more a web related question hence my reason for posting here.

I can embed YouTube videos fine (using a VLC control) but I’m struggle to link to the NHS Choices videos. The video files seem to be located here on a different server, e.g: rtmp://nhschoice.fcod.llnwd.net/a1452/o15/health/Animations/ but I can’t make this work with the PowerPoint VLC control. :confused:

You may wonder why I’m doing this. I work for a large multi-site NHS medical centre and we have several waiting room patient information screens that display a looping PowerPoint presentation. I’d like to make use of the media resources NHS Choices offers by displaying videos on our screens.

I’ve tried contacting NHS Choices but after speaking to several different people (including Department of Health publishing) I got nowhere.

If anyone can help it’d be greatly appreciated. If someone could workout how to download the NHS Choices videos this would be very helpful too.

Matt
    :)

2. Golda macrumors newbie

Embedding NHS Choices videos into PowerPoint

Hi Matt,

I'm Video syndication Manager at NHS Choices. We have a number of ways to get the videos to you (ie. Brightcove, FTP or on a hard drive).

Just fill in this stating you want video, it will then come through to me and we can get those videos over to you in no time.

Best,
    Golda

3. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

Are you targeting Mac, PC or both?

The latest (& greatest :rolleyes:) version make be ok, Office 2004 and Windows versions are a problem.

Just went through this again last night.

The compatibility report is about as useful as a screen door in a submarine.

Quick summary if you're on Office 2004 Mac:
    Don't use any cool fonts, stick to like Times New Roman.
    Don't drag & drop pictures. Insert -> picture - from file. Use .jpg or .png
    other issues too - video included.
    Test on both.

4. mateus thread starter macrumors member

mateus

Golda, many thanks for your reply! I've just had a meeting with my managers on this topic. I hadn't checked this thread for a while, hence my late reply. I'm look at your link ASAP. :)

Thanks Flynnstone for the info too.

Matt