Embedding online calendars

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by GeekOFComedy, Jan 1, 2011.

1. GeekOFComedy macrumors 6502a

Hi, so Im working on a project and was wondering is there any service out there where you can have your own personal calendar online [not google] and this can be embedded into a web page with a frame or HTML snippets. So on my created webpage for my project I want a box and it asks me to enter login details, then once it accepts my details I get my own personal calendar and I can type events in to dates etc. All inside of an iframe or HTML snippet, can it be done?

2. JackT06 macrumors 6502

JackT06

What's wrong with using google.... I dought you will find something as good quality as google as a service...

If you want something better than you might want to look at making your own PHP calendar..

3. GeekOFComedy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because it's for a school student login and one of the concepts is to have the students their own personal modifiable calendar but before giving to them we would install the usual holidays, we can't use gmail as they are already going to be allocated a @schoolname domain email, but before the @schoolname domain they get allocated a CODE like BD20634 so the login system should be either enter a username or email

4. timbos macrumors member

I don't know how you're implementing the rest of your site, but you could get this functionality through a CMS. I'm familiar with Drupal, which can certainly do it, but I reckon that the other common systems offer similar functionality.