Embrace Spotify or Steer Clear?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by skittles90623, Jul 28, 2011.

1. skittles90623 macrumors regular

2. bluap84 macrumors 6502

Even though im in the UK and have had access to Spotify from day1, i still use last.fm - i find it better for listening to a random selection of muisic, i have found many new artists / bands from last.fm.

where as spotify you can only listen to albums, or artists you know, as there doesnt seem to be any radio / random selection feature like there is in last.fm (well there wasnt when i was using it)

If i wanted to listen to artists i already knew id use iTunes. So it depends what you want out of it? No alot of space on your computer to store loads of music then yea Spotify is great. Wanting to find new music...then id go last.fm

but thats just MO

3. skittles90623 thread starter macrumors regular

that's true. i thought that the hard to find music probably wouldn't be on spotify... but like i said earlier, what concerns me is that spotify has all the power to keep me chained to a subscription no matter the price hikes.

4. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

What do you mean Spotify isn't good for finding new music? You can always subscribe to any of the hundreds/thousands of playlists a lot of people make, facebook integration, some of these playlists have up to a million subscribers (that I have found at least). You can also just have it play random songs.

I personally use the free version though so I don't share your playlist issue..

5. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

Get google music, it's way better than spotify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. bluap84 macrumors 6502

DAMMIT!! -

We're sorry. Music Beta is currently only available in the United States

argh sometimes living in the uk sucks...we still dont have Google Voice :(

7. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Let's give up advantages such as a freer society and free health for Google Music :rolleyes: (all in jest).

1) Spotify only downgrade you to 128kbps from 320kbps and add advertisements every 20 mins or so if you cancel your subscription, you do not LOOSE your music, nor do you loose any local and/or purchased songs. Why would you even think they'd just delete all your stuff?

It does, however, stop you using a mobile application.

2) Spotify does have ways of discovering music... you choose the decade and the type of music and it create a random 'playlist' of music. Easy.

3) Spotify is probably THE best music service out there, especially as it lets me add music to my iPod Classic in a nice clean programme without using bloated iTunes.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I just cancelled my premium Spotify account. I have been an XM radio subscriber for almost ten years now and still prefer it since I can listen to it in my car and get all kinds of channels.