EMEA CC-HE contract uplift MacBook/iBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Iphone3gs, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Iphone3gs macrumors 6502

Whats the main difference between :EMEA CC-HE contract uplift MacBook/iBook and Apple care.

EMEA CC-HE contract uplift MacBook/iBook cost about £50 via educaiton discount

But

Apple care cost : £279

I have searced MROOGLE- nothing stated....

Apple rep- stated it is Apple care but with discount. Im not totally convinced.

It is true all Macs get 3 years garuntee without Apple care anyway?

Few stuff on the link below regarding HE uplift but its old..nothing recent for 2010

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=EM...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

2. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

ive never heard of that but no macs dont have 3 years warranty unless you have applecare. they come with 1 year.

3. maehara macrumors regular

From my experience of having bought an MBP under the HE contract: you get a three-year warranty for parts & labour, but it doesn't include any additional phone support, or any shipping charges that may be incurred if you have to send the kit away for repair (after the first year, where that's covered by the basic warranty).

I've had two repairs done under the warranty with no problems. Probably not worth paying the extra for full AppleCare unless the phone support is important to you.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

thats not how it works in the uk for educational purposes...

5. Iphone3gs thread starter macrumors 6502

Does the HE 3 year support work if you bought the MacBook pro from apple store (retail) -(not online or over the phone)

6. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

I believe it's only supposed to be online/over phone.

7. stordoff macrumors regular

The terms and conditions state that "All Apple-branded desktop and portable computer products sold after October 1st 2005 within the framework of the HE National Agreement shall be subject to a 36 calendar month warranty period (the “HE National Agreement Warranty”) commencing from the date of delivery"

Basically, I believe this means that the MacBook must be purchased through the higher education channels (online or over the phone) to qualify for the 36 month warranty. You'd probably want to buy online or over the phone anyway - the discounts are quite substantial.

If I understand it correctly, "EMEA CC-HE contract uplift" tops up the HE warranty to full Apple Care, so you get phone support, no shipping charges for warranty repairs in years 2 and 3 etc. If you have an Apple retail store close to you, I'd say it's a waste of £50

8. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

how come i only get 1 year free and you get 3 :eek: So you can have an ibook and purchase applecare and get a 6 year warranty? Wow !

9. stordoff macrumors regular

You can't purchase Apple Care on top for six years - the limit is still three years.

It's part of an agreement Apple have to supply hardware for use in higher education.

10. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

11. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

thanks... I was just on the UK apple sight. You pay way more than us.. the difference works out to be applecare so that makes sense.