Emergence of AntiVirus apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JustOneQuickONe, May 1, 2010.

1. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

So lately I have been seeing more and more antivirus apps popping up in the app store. I know that apps have to go through apple and be approved before they are put into the app store but what about the internet? Let's say you go to any and every site you come across (I don't but theoretically speaking) do any of you think an antivirus app is necessary, or does the iPod serf the internet in such a different way than most devices/computers that it is of no use?

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The iPhone OS can only run applications through the app store. Viruses are applications. No worries :)

Viruses in web pages are applications which usually launch through browser plugins like ActiveX, which the iPhone OS lacks.

3. androiphone macrumors 65816

at the moment only one app can run at a time so even if you had an antivirus app it couldnt do anything as you were surfing the internet anyway.

4. JustOneQuickONe thread starter macrumors 6502

ahhh yes, never thought of those points. So basically it's just a gimmick to get downloads... playing on the fears of others, no better business strategy than that