Emergency Alerts

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ebika, Jun 15, 2015.

1. ebika macrumors 6502

My phone just received a flash flood warning from the national weather service. I'm a bit surprised the alert wasn't send to the  watch. Does anyone know if WatchOS 1.0.1 or 2 receive these yet? I'm not sure if I had a notification glitch, or these just aren't sent yet.

2. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

Was your phone unlocked when the alert came in?

3. ebika thread starter macrumors 6502

It was locked.

4. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

I get alerts on my watch and iPhone regardless if the phone is locked or not. We are currently having thunderstorms and flash flooding. I have had at least three alerts today. On your phone under the Apple Watch app in Notifications, the app needs to have the mirror iphone alerts turned on.

5. ebika thread starter macrumors 6502

All the notifications were turned on, and everything is mirrored, it just didn't put the emergency alert on my watch.

6. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

I am using the local tv stations app on my iPhone. That may be the difference. They are issuing the alerts. I have Amber alerts and Government emergency alerts turned off. First time one went off it was so loud I decided I did need that. I am not sure if the national weather service falls under Government emergency but if it does and that is turned off, that could be the problem??

Just guessing now. This may be something that get fixed in version 2

7. friedmud macrumors 65816

Same happened to me yesterday (are you in the Chicago area by chance?).

What's funny is that I was sitting next to a guy with some cheap "smart watch" and HIS showed the weather alert on it. I don't know if he had an Android phone or not though... that could make a difference.

8. ebika thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I'm in Chicago. The tornado warning sirens were going off, my iPhone was buzzing with alerts, but nothing showed on my watch. I saw a similar post about this on reddit too, so I guess it's just something not implemented in WatchOS yet.