Emergency charger for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Phat^Trance, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

Does anyone know if there are any emergency charger for the iPhone 5? im looking for a small one that charges the iphone. It doesnt have to fully charge the iPhone 5. i already have the proporta models but they are a bit big to carry around with so im looking for a smaller alternative.

2. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

How often would you use it?

A portable rechargeable power pack might be an option.

3. Phat^Trance thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

a few times per week.

4. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Well then yes, you need a portable power pack IMO. Some of the good ones can do 3 or more full recharges of an iPhone before needing to be recharged them selves. It's can be done in you pocket too.

Have a look on Amazon.

5. Phat^Trance thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

yeah i know, i already have a few chargers that does that. What im looking for are smaller charger ( do know that they do not fully charge the iphone) that i easily can pick it with me.

6. Tj13 macrumors newbie

Not sure how small you need, our office picked up a few Motorola p893 batteries. Very thin, I'm trying one out today.

7. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Keep us posted please. I'm interested myself in the Motorola ones and was wondering how many charges they could give my iphone 5. I was looking at the P4000 which can do up to 2 full charges, but I'm sceptical about what devices this would apply too. I also want to know of they hold their own charge for long, as the cheap ones I have used went flat if not used for a week or so.

They are quite pricey, but I would prefer a good brand rather than some of the cheaper unknown brands found on eBay/Amazon.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

9. Tj13 macrumors newbie

The p893 did what it said, 1 charge.
    My ip5 was about 40% when I plugged in the battery.
    the battery was not fully charged. The last light was still blinking when I un plugged it.
    It took 2 hours to get to 100%.
    During that time about 30 emails came in, 10 went out. 1 phone call of 10 min and 1 of 15 min.
    For about 90 min i was driving in an area with little to no cell coverage.
    Its small enough to use connected to the phone and small enough to carry around.

10. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

11. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I just gotta toss out New Trent as another choice. Because their batteries are fantastic. Good price. High Quality. Buy one and you will never need another.

12. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

What are the physical dimentions like? I'm look for one that I could have in my jacket pocket charging my iphone 5.

13. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

well new trent is the company. They have many different sizes! Most all of them fit in your pocket. From what I have seen, though I do not own it, the NT120T seems to be their best battery as far as size and capacity (though it is expensive). If thats not good enough, look at these, they all fit in your pocket and more than charge your phone! Seriously, I have nothing but good stuff to say about New Trent. Hopefully this helps out. If not send me a DM!